Tuesday 23 August 2011

e.l.f Mineral line Bamboo Brushes

e.l.f claims:  This antibacterial Taklon bristled brush is 100% cruelty free, luxuriously soft and can be used with wet or dry products and is ideal for e.l.f. Natural Mineral Makeup. The natural and sustainable bamboo handle fits ergonomically in your hand for comfort and precise application. The recycled Ferrule is eco-friendly for guilt free beauty. Because beautifying yourself and the world is a beautiful thing!

This is my collection so far each one of these cost £5.50 each 
I was really excited when eyeslipsface.co.uk had a 50% off the Mineral Bamboo Brushes as i always wondered what they were like but i have to say they were the last on my list because they cost £5.50 each whereas the brushes from the regular line and studio line were cheaper so always went for them........so When e.l.f had the sale i went out of my way to stock up :) i also purchased the Mineral 4pc Bamboo set  
I have taken this picture from the e.l.f site as the picture of my set didn't turn out the way i wanted  but this is exactly the way it looks in person 
About the Brushes
Powder Brush:  This brush is the softest ive ever felt i love the feel of it on my skin.  Its incredible this is perfect for any powder.  This brush is bigger than the Studio Complexion brush its brilliant for apply finishing powder or the e.l.f HD powder.  I also use this for my blush this does shed and washes brilliantly.  I was worried about using this as a blush brush incase it would stain and not turn out the same but it does........I highly recommend this brush 

Flat eyeliner Brush :   This eyeliner brush is great a wee bit smaller than i expected the bristles a stiff yet soft and come in a straight line at the end.....Its great to get that perfect line with cream eyeliners and so easy to use the only thing i find is that it stains even after washing it but i dont mind....this would be perfect for the brows too im planning to buy another for that use also..
Foundation Brush:  Im in 2 minds about this one when it comes to using this for foundation i mean its ok but does leave streaks in which i have to use my fingers to blend out yet its great for concealer and cream blushes it gives a perfect finish i love it for that but foundation wise this doesnt work for me at all 

Smudge Brush:  This is another brush you could have in your collection and really make use of i use this for alot of different things, this is perfect for setting your eyeliner with shadow,  this is also perfect for smudging and also perfect for giving you the perfect defined cut crease look.....i love it 
All Over Eyeshadow Brush:  This is another favourite brush........This is a great brush for applying eyeshadow all over the lid evenly and mess free.......its nice and soft and picks up a nice amount of shadow......the only downfall i have is that its hard to clean even after washing if you use a dark shadow you cant get all the colour off.....thats why i save this for bright shades........and its a perfect brush for those on the hurry days when you have no time to blend blend blend thats how evenly this brush works. 

Angled Blush Brush:  This is a perfect contour brush for me for my bronzer but i think anyone who has a more rounder face it would be a bit small....now personally i wouldnt mind it been a bit bigger but as i said it does the job.....this is so mush better than the essentials one in which that one has shed so many times it looks like it took a trip to the hairdressers :) Can i just add these pictures are from the site the very top picture is my own its just my camera was playing up on me so i had no choice but to take these from the site my point is the in this picture the angled brush doesnt seem to look angled but it is trust me...........This is another brush i highly recommend 

4 Piece Bamboo Set 
I was even more excited to get this set as it normally costs £15/$10 but i got this half price also and this is what you get for this price:
  • Complexion Brush
  • Concealer Brush
  • Blending Eye Brush
  • Mini Kabuki Brush
  • Brush Bag 
Complexion Brush:  This is perfect to apply mineral foundation.....It can also be used to set your makeup in which i use it for and you could also get away with using it as a blush brush so in all its a multitasking brush in which i love :) 

Concealer Brush:  To be honest this isnt what i would call a concealer brush its too thick for that and put it this way you will be concealing alot more than your blemishes......maybe it would work with powder concealer but certainly not liquid........i use this as a blending brush for my eyeshadows 

Blending Brush:  Ok i must admit ive heard alot of mixed reviews about this and almost made up my mind before i even got this that i wouldnt like it but in fact i love it......Maybe its all to do with your eye shape on weither it works for you or not but i have fair biggish eyes and its works brilliantly......This is perfect for applying and  blending eyeshadows at the crease leaving it nice and even.....its so light and easy to work with in fact it cleans brilliantly as well no staining at all 

Mini Kabuki Brush:  This has to be the cutest little brush ever lol i just love looking at it....its so tiny awwwww anyways you wanna know does it work??? well i suppose its ok for a wee setting your makeup brush or a wee travel blush brush but thats about it for me....its still so cute though :) 

In all so i think its worth buying this set? well if you travel alot yes this would be quite handy the fact i got this for half price im pretty happy about it but if i were to pay full price i would probably not buy it..... 

My overall opinion 
I am absolutely amazed my how soft these brushes are.  All of them are in brilliant condition as in when you wash them they just go back in place.  They don't shed whatsoever which means they are going to last you a long long time.  I love the look of them as they look more expensive than what they really are.  The only thing i find fault with them is they are hard to clean well most of them anyway but the bristles are cream so you have to expect that.   I do think they are worth buying but personally myself i will wait until another offer comes in before i stock up on my favourites again.  

Well thats it from me everyone let me know what you think.  I hope this was helpful to you all .

Until next time 
Lots of Irish Hugs and Kisses 
Nina Carry 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...