Wednesday 21 November 2012

NYC Blushable Creme Stick Review

Well hello there my beauties :) 
Once upon a time i purchased these NYC Blushable Creme Sticks used them, loved them, adored them and moved on to something else and forgot about them for a while (as you do when you have too much makeup).  I even took them too much for granted that I hadnt even got round to blogging about them because i got so used to having them in my daily routine (as you do again).  But recently I was chatting to a fellow blogger and these particular blushes came into the conversation and I was saying that i must get using them again and get more shades then she hit me with a bombshell ........She told me that they have been discontinued earlier this year :O :O I couldnt believe it.  Thats when i really needed to find out if i could get them or not.  Anywhere I searched had not got them and told me the same thing "We no longer sell them" :( 
UNTIL.......I checked up on ebay and what did i find LOTS & LOTS of sellers had them.  They must have stocked up when they heard the news :) I was thrilled and immediately stocked up.  You can also get them on Amazon :)  
This is where I decided these little beauties deserved the review I should having given them when i first got them better late than never eh?
Get the glow you'll want to show with NYC New York Color Blushable Crème Stick. It gives a natural flush to your cheeks in one quick step. Soft and creamy colors can be blended to the desired intensity and coverage. This lightweight formula provides sheer, all-over color as well as subtle, shimmering accents, contours and dynamic highlights to your cheeks. Quick, on-the-go and extremely easy to apply
As far as i can remember there was only every 6-8 shades to choose from.  The price range is different depending on where you get them but recently I paid about 14 euro including postage for all 4 shades which works out at only 3.50 euro each brilliant value !!!!!  You are getting 8g of product per tube which is alot and will last you a long long time.  
The blush comes in a plastic large sized lipstick type tube (if that makes sense haha)  Its like a lipstick as you screw the bottom to get the blush.  
Let me show you the shades :) 
Plaza Pink:  This is the very first shade I purchased :) Its a stunning shimmery pinky coral shade .  I loved this around the summer time as the shimmers gave a stunning glow.  If you do not like shimmer in your blushes this is not one for you as it does have fairly visable shimmer.  This is not as pigmented as the rest even though when swatched first it seems like you put too much on but when blended out it gives a nice little tint but it is buildable.  This is a perfect shade for anyone who has fair to medium skin tone.  
Next up 
South St. Seashell:  Now this is one or should i say was one of the more popular shades as its a stunning.  Its a unusually peachy pink brown shade.  It looks darker in the tube than it is.  I love wearing this on nights out if i have a dark smokey eye it blends in well with a smokey eye or strong lip day :) 
Next 
Berry New Yorker:  This is a stunning rosey shade and its 100% matte :) This glides on so so cream a little of this goes a long way.  This can be used too with a smokey eye or bright lip.  I think this might be a little dark for anyone with fair skin but anyone with medium to dark skin tone.  I found this blends out brilliantly and its actually quite build-able.  
And Lastly 
Pink Flash:  I was amazed by this blush in particular its so bright and cheerful :)  This is a stunning baby pink but has tints of coral believe me when i say this shade is oh so wow pigmented and you may be put off my the swatch but when blended out this shade looks stunning on the cheeks plus its matte.  I loved wearing this shade in the summer too .  
So why do i like them so much 
They are affordable for the amount you are getting in each product you are surely getting more than your moneys worth. 
They blend so so easily so they work great for people who are in a hurry in the mornings or are new to makeup. 
They work well with either applying with your fingers or stippling brush
They are so so pigmented but a little goes a long way and they are build-able
They do not clog up pores 
I found they lasted a good 4 to 5 hours before i noticed any fading and they even make you not so pigment powder blushes last longer if you use these as a base 
They are suitable for all skin types
These blushes are an amazing product for a very low drugstore product and I can not believe they have been discontinued.  I am surely going to try and get the other shades and have them in my collection.  These are amazing and hopefully NYC will bring them back.  Have you tried them at all? This is why I have done this review as i believe they deserve it plus its not too late to get them as i have linked two places you can buy them 
Heavy swatches in natural light 
This picture is of each blush blended and in Natural Sunlight 

So thats it for today everyone.  I hope you are all well 
Until next time take care 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 








I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my god....WHY would they discontinue them?? I only had one but I LOVED it!! :( Will have to try ebay I guess...x

Unknown said...

I have to say these are my favourite blush! I love the look of Pink Flash :D

Unknown said...

They're so pigmented!

http:/pretty-in-pink-blog.com

Unknown said...

I also forgot about these! I've had Plaza Pink for the longest time! Can't believe they're being discontinued!

Emma Deirdre said...

Why on earth are they discontinuing these!! I loved them....sniffle! Thanks for the heads up on eBay/Amazon though :-)

Shopping Obsession said...

they seem so creamy and pigmented. Was just going to say I'm recently into cream blushes but sadly they are discontinuing these. Wonder if they will come up with something similar for replacement.

found your blog through blog hop and I'm your newest follower :)

http://mui28.blogspot.com

Leelo said...

I think I have never even seen them before :P

I Am THE Makeup Junkie said...

Those are VERY pigmented for blush sticks. I will have to try them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...