Thursday 8 November 2012

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review

Hey my Beauties How are you all doing :) 
Todays post is on my little collection of NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams I have owned for quite a while now :) 
You all have probably seen a serious amount of reviews about these especially around the time they were first released which was around Spring of last year but in my eyes there is never too many reviews about something as its nice to know different peoples opinions :) 
The one thing i love about NYX is that its available from alot of online sites not just one or two so there are different price ranges.  Originally these cost about $6 each but there is a couple of ebay stores who do bulk sales on NYX in which i will put links at the end of the blog post for you :) 
These lip creams were actually the first ever Matte lip product i ever tried imagine and I was more excited about that.  
There are 11 shades available and even with just 11 shade i found it hard to choose which shades to get lol awwww decisions decisions.  Lets talk a little about the packaging first.  You are getting a sturdy plastic tube with a black lid.  Each tube is different colour actually to represent the actually shade it is.  I love the writing all around it and love the way it is not going to fade away like some products you get.  
Dont be fooled by the packaging as its very familiar to a lip gloss even the doe-foot applicator is like what you would get from a lip gloss but believe me they are not a gloss :) 
On the front of the packaging it says :) 
It's not a lipstick nor is it a gloss It's like nothing you have ever experienced before.  It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks soft matte.
I was pleasantly by the formula on these.  When i first swatched these i though holy moly this is thick and very very pigmented.  They look like a light weight moose that you would eat :) :)  The cream is so creamy that even the amount which comes out on the doe-foot can be too much for your lips.  I mean the amount that come off could actually two people.  These glide on so so nicely and feels like butter on the lips.  I can not believe the amount of pigmentation that you get from each one of these its incredible.  
so onto the shades 
Stockholm:  This is a lovely pinky brown shade its a perfect nude.  Its a perfect MLBB cream I love this as an every day shade :)
Next
Antwerp:  This is one of the popular shades :)  This is a lovely pinky coral shade it really compliments my skintone.  I loved this shade in the summer and still do its a lovely way of brightening up your lips
Next up is 
San Paulo:  I knew this would be a shade i would love and wear on a regular basis.  This is a stunning rosy pink a deep cool toned shade.  Its stunning against my warm toned skin.  I actually got alot of compliments wearing this.  
And Lastly 
Milan:  This is another stunning shade.  Its another rosy pink but brighter than San Paulo and more pinker :) I really like this shade too and is perfect for everyday wear.  
I was actually surprised by these little beauties.  The fact that they are matte you would think that they would be very drying when in fact they feel moisturising.  Now not your typical moisturising lipstick but you wont find that your lips are crying out for hydration haha.  If your lips are particularly very dry well then thats when you will find them soaking into every line and all you have to do is apply a lip balm under the lip cream like i did in the above picture the "Milan lip swatch".  I found they lasted a good 3-4 hour before i notice them fading but if you are eating or drinking they will fade a good bit. The fact that these lip creams are thick and very pigmented i do highly recommend bringing a compact mirror with you to apply as you might need to blend out some of the more darker shades.  I want to try out more shade like maybe more darker shade because i can guess that they would last even longer 
I highly recommend these to anyone who wants to try something different to their usual lipsticks and glosses.  These lip creams are brilliant to give you that matte effect but not leave your lips feel parched 
For the price they are well worth it and will last for ages because a little goes a long way 
You can buy these on the NYX Website for $6 
Cherry Culture(who have a 25% off all nyx products at the moment from the 8th -13th November) for $4.50 each 
Pork Daisy on ebay where you can bulk buy :) 
There is alot more sites available but they would be the top main sites :) I hope this helps 
So Thats it everyone 
Have you tried these yet? 
What do you think of them :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 







I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have only the San Paulo which I love, I bought it for Pork Daisy as well. Is amazing, isnt' it?

Unknown said...

Love their matte finish!! Have never tried them to be honest, but I am now definitely tempted!!

http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com

Angelica P said...

These look great! I've tried Collection 2000 Cream Puffs which are quite like this but the NYX range has so many more colours! If I could get my hands on some of these I'd be a very happy bunny :) x

Angelica [One Little Vice]

Adel said...

I love how milan looks on your lips. cute and pretty :) thanx for the swatches!

Cristina said...

I didn't try this yet but I think Stockholm would be just perfect:D

Anonymous said...

love it nina.... xx

Unknown said...

Awww Ladies thanks so much for your lovely lovely comment i love hearing from you all xxxxxxxxx your amazing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...