Friday 9 November 2012

NYX Xtreme Lip Cream Vs NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream


Hey Lovelies :)  How are you all doing :) 
Yesterday I Reviewed the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams which i have had a long time now and love.  Today I am reviewing the NYX Xtreme Lip Creams but I am doing it a little different as you can probably tell by the title.  I'm sure alot of you out there like myself when these Xtreme Lip creams came out wondered what the difference was between these and the Matte Soft Lip creams.  I even put myself off buying them because i thought "awww there is probably no difference" but curiosity got the better of me as it does with a beauty guru lol 
So I will go ahead with my review & Comparison 
The reason i have two pictures is in fact that i lost one of the lips creams while taking photos but then came across it after so i have in fact 4 shades to show you :) 
So a year after the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams were released NYX decided to release these little beauties :) 
There is 11 shades to choose from and they Cost around $6 each which is exactly the same as the Soft matte lip creams.  
NYX state:  Beautify your lips with this velvety rich lip cream that provides extreme pigmentation with a silky and glossy finish. This lip cream is a hybrid of lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one.
The Packaging 
The packaging even though looks very like the soft matte lip creams is a tiny bit different as you will see in the next photo 
As you can see the Xtreme Lip cream is smaller and skinnier which is a little disappointing as its the same price.  Also the lid of the soft matte lip cream is matte and the Xtreme Lip cream is shiny so you can tell the difference of which ones which by that.  
They both come with a doe foot applicator which i love as its easier to apply that way . 
The Formula 
There is only really one difference between them and that is the Soft matte lip creams are obviously Matte and the Xtreme Lip Creams are a little glossy so you are getting a lipstick, lip-gloss and lip stain out of the Xtreme :)  The pigmentation is roughly the same even though i found i got a little more pay off from the Xtreme lip creams perhaps its because they are are creamier and glossier and easier to apply 
The picture below will show you the difference 
The scent 
I did find a difference in the scent i have to be honest.  The Soft matte lip creams smell lovely they have a sort of vanilla scent not sickly just nice but the Xtreme Lip Creams i am afraid i dont care too much for.  They sort of smell cosmeticy which i hate in a lip product but dont be put off by that as its not strong and does not linger thank goodness 
The Swatches 
Candy Land:  This is a stunning soft medium pink I love this shade I wore this the most out of the 4 shades its just so pretty on great for the summer time.  
Buttery Nude:  This is a lovely everyday wear lippie :)  its a Coral/pink shade with brown undertones.  This is a good strong pigmented shade and only needs a little amount to show its true potential :) 
Pinky Nude:  I dont know what it is about pinks but i have been loving them alot especially in the summer i wore them none stop and every time i wore them people always complimented me on them especially when wearing this shade :)  This is more of a cool toned pink this would suit any skin tone I love it 
Nude Peach Fuzz:  I actually was a little sceptic of this shade because when picking it out i thought maybe i made the wrong decision.  I thought it might make me look a little sickly.  I was wrong so wrong this is a stunning peach shade with pink undertones :) I am not fond of pure peachy toned lip shades but this is not an overpowering peach its stunning I love wearing this with a dark smokey eye
I have found i do not have to wear a balm before using these which is a bonus.  I can honestly say I love these they last 5-6 hours depending on eating and drinking the more pigmented stronger shades leave a sort of stain on the lips so if you decide to wear these out in the town there is no fear about touching up your lippy every hour.  To be honest i love both the Matte Lip Creams and the Xtreme Lip Creams but there is a little more of a love for the Xtreme as they are a little more moist and i can see myself wearing these more in the winter than the Matte.  Top mark to NYX again :) :) Amazing value for amazing products :) 
Have you tried these which one would you like to try first The Matte Lip Creams or the Xtreme Lip Creams 
I hope this review helped you decide :) 
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck & Laughter








I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Cristina said...

After reading you last post I was thinking that I must have at least one NYX Soft Lip Cream. Now I think I must have at least a Soft Lip Cream and an Extreme one lol. Nina Nina what you are doing to my bank account ?:)))

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this comparison, I don't own that many nyx products because it isn't really that available here in Montreal.

New follower, follow back?

www.simplyblushed.com

Unknown said...

Cristina ooopppsss sorry hunny hahaha you will love them tho :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...