Wednesday 6 March 2013

ELF Jumbo Eyeshadow Sticks Review

Awwwww bet some have you have been waiting on this review :) :) 
This review was requested from me the moment I posted up my e.l.f haul a month ago and I promised I would get it up as soon as possible but of course I have to play around with them first :) 
Well you dont have to wait any longer :) 
From the moment I seen these arriving to ELF Cosmetics UK I couldn't wait to get my hands on them and then when the 40% off everything off came about well i jumped to the chance of grabbing just a few shades ;)  I hadn't seen many review on these before I bought them so to be honest I just took the risk and ordered 7 of these :) 
There are 10 shades altogether and for the life of me I actually can not think of the reason I didnt order the whole 10 but to be honest the only reason was maybe I was a little sceptic I dont know 

Each one of these Shadow Sticks cost £2.50 for 3.og of product which is a good sized amount for that price :) 
So what does e.l.f have to say about these bad boys :) 
This creamy and pigment rich Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick is perfect for creating a natural or smoky eyeshadow look. Infused with nourishing Vitamin E to condition the delicate eye area. The twist up component and smooth glide formula is easy to use for on-the-go beauty. All colours, except Like A Boss, have a shimmer finish.
I have to say I am impressed with the packaging its plain and simple but what i love more is that the lid is very sturdy on each of them so there is no fear of the lid becoming loose in you bag :)  Another thing I am impressed with is they are twistable which means no sharpening needed yes we all love that :) 
And lastly what I am impressed with is each shade is easy to pick out due to the clear lid and also the end where you twist the pencil has the shade of each of the pencil on it. 
Lets show you the shades :) 
Little Miss Thing:  This is a stunning soft goldy/champagne shade with gold shimmer.  I was expecting this shade to be sheer but in all honesty it wasnt.  This is a perfect highlight shade for the inner corner or as a base for your favourite gold looks :)  
Check Me Out:  PURPLE I love purple :) :) ok (relax nina)  This is a stunning deep purple with reddish shimmers to it a stunning shade to use for a smokey eye :) 
Rock Out:  This is a stunning pewter shade with soft tiny gold shimmers again this is nicely pigmented 
French Lace:  A stunning champagne shade with silver shimmers.   This is such a pretty pretty shade I have used this on its own for that simple wide awake look I have found this a little more creamier than the first 3 I have talked about so far :)  I have to say I love this shade Its great as a base inner corner highlight brow bone highlight etc :) 
Forest Nymph:  A Deep Drown with gold shimmers but has a slight green undertone its actually a very unusual shade in normal light it looks dark brown in sunlight it looks greeny brown I like it
Turkish Coffee:  A Beautiful bronzy brown with golden shimmer Anyone who likes their neutrals will love this :) 
Feeling Lucky:  I love this shade :) love it :) a deep burgundy brown with gold shimmer :) Beautiful 
Feeling Lucky, Turkish Coffee, Forest Nymph, French Lace,  Rock Out, Check Me Out & Little Miss Thing Taken in natural lighting :) 
Feeling Lucky, Turkish Coffee, Forest Nymph, French Lace,  Rock Out, Check Me Out & Little Miss Thing in sunlight
These shadow sticks are very very creamy, very easy to blend and I love every shade I got.  I have found that they are ok on their own but to be honest will end up creasing if worn on their own.  Even with a primer i found they only lasted about 4 to 6 hours before i noticed creasing and fading.  If you suffer with very oily lids your will have trouble with these if you were to wear them on their own.  
For a base well I love them as a base they work brilliantly the same as the NYX Jumbo eye pencil in which I find does the very very same job !!!! The NYX jumbo eye pencils are no good on their own they crease like crazy but are amazing as a base I feel the e.l.f Jumbo shadow sticks are the same.  The only difference is the price e.l.f are cheaper.  If you are looking for a matte base these are not for you but for nights out or for funky looks these are definitely the way to go. 
I have noticed a few people complain a little about the scent of these but to be honest I dont find a strong scent and again to be honest the scent is really not a matter for me as they are not going on the lips they are going onto the eyes.  
In all I think they are not a bad product for the price they will surely need a primer either on their own or as a base just for the security of lasting all day but for the price they do alot more than what I expected 
Do I recommend them??? 
Yes for a base 
No for a long lasting eye-shadow (long lasting i mean more than 3 hours) 
So I hope this review helped you 
If you have any questions comment below and i will get back to you ASAP :) 
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review xxxxx
If you are new tell me a bit about yourself I like to get to know who my readers are 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 








I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lids that fall off are the worst!!! Love the look of french lace!!!

Unknown said...

Sarah your telling me its one thing i hate especially if you have a good handbag and it gets totally destroyed :)

GGB said...

Thanks for the swatches, I love elf products and I've been wanting to buy these!! I will prob buy a few and use them as a base! Thanks again for the awesome post!

Chiara said...

OMG!
i just did an ELF order and i didn't order these :(

will do the next time :)

Chiara♥
xmisschiarax.blogspot.com

BLOG | Instagram | Polyvore | bloglovin' | Pinterest | WeHeartIt

Stevista said...

Awesome review and swatches Nina, thank you! I'm currently looking into getting a couple of them ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...