Friday 4 April 2014

L.A. Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils Review

Hello Everyone :)
Ok I have a little bit of an obsession when it comes to eyeshadows but I have just as much of an obsession with cream eyeshadows.  Be it in pot form or pencil for I just have to try them.  Some I have loved some i have hated some I am in between about but to be honest they are all handy to have in your collection for sure for a number of reasons :)   They ( if they are good that is ) can pass a a quick eyeshadow fix if you are in a hurry.  They can also be used as a base for eyeshadows which always comes in handy for the not so pigmented eyeshadow you have in your collection.  They can also be used a eyeliners and not only that but as highlights some of them.   
My first eye shadow Pencils were of course the Nyx Jumbo Pencils which can not be used on their own but are excellent for eyeshadow bases and have become one of NYX best sold product 
The next ones I tried was Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hour Wear Eyeshadow Pencils which are absolutely amazing both on their own and as eyeshadow based there is no budging them :)   Aww the list goes on and on and on here is the list of them if you want to take a look I have tried some from Catrice from e.l.f etc.  

Next up is the L.A Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils :) :) 
These little beauties have been out a while now :) :)  I have some across them so many times and always wanted to try them out especially when they cost as little as $2 from Cherry Culture  There are 24 shades to choose from :)  I chose 5 of these fab colours :) 


Sunglasses As you can see is a matte black.  This little beauty is the blackest of black and works great as a base for them dark smokey eye looks.  I basically smudge this out on my lid and apply whatever eyeshadow I want over it very easy if you are in a hurry :) :) 


Next up is 
Tropical Bliss:  Well sure if you know me you will know I had to pick the purple ;)  This is a stunning purple with shimmers.  It has a slight metallic finish.  When in the sunlight you will notice red and blue sparkles through this its amazing :) 


Next is 


Relaxation:  This is a rich shimmery copper bronze perfect for those daytime smokey eye looks .  This has a great effect on my hazel eyes the green in my eyes really stands out I love it 


Next is 
Beach Resort:  Stunning shade for Spring/Summer time.   A Gorgeous teal green with shimmer I love this shade :) Its even perfect for a pop of colour on the lower lashline :) :) 


And Lastly 
Sand Castles:  This is surely a unique shade a bronzy brown with reflects of green I love this :) Its perfect to use as a base for those fab Duo chrome eyshadows aka the Dupes of Mac Club for instance.  I actually posted up a dupe of the Mac Club Eyeshadow yesterday in the Sleek Celestial eyeshadow



I found the pigmentation of these eye pencils amazing as you see yourself they are unreal.  The feel so smooth and buttery it takes very little to cover the lid.  They take very little effort to smudge out also because of the fact they are buttery.  One thing I have to say is that they do crease much like the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils so please be careful not apply these in the crease only on the lid, even wearing primer they do tend on creasing as they are so creamy.  Once you apply on the lid then apply an eyeshadow over it you are fine all day long.  I absolutely love these for bases and the fact they are even cheaper than the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils is an extra bonus :)  I will surely go back and buy more shades as I have spotted a few I have to try :) 
Here is a picture of my wearing Sand Castles on the lid with 2nd Definer shade in the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette over it and blended well :) :) I didnt have to use any other shade with this look as both shades are Duo Chrome which means the more blending out you do the more it looks like you have used 2 shades ;) Just a simple everyday quick and easy look that lasted all day long 

Over all if you are looking for bases for your eyeshadow you have to try them 
You cant go wrong with them price wise and for pigmentation :) 
Have you tried these yet ?
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 








I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These colours are simply stunning, really gorgeous in colour and pigmentation. They look great on you - I need to look into these little beauties! :)

Frankie x

Laura said...

These look very lovely eye pencils :) Great post!

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

These are all beautiful shades, I love the look of Tropical Bliss!!

Jess xo

Leelo said...

This look very nice. I own L.A Colors Jumbo Eye Pencil in white and I like it a lot.

Barbie's Beauty Bits said...

I love the pigment of these, have to try them! My fear with drugstore products is the pigment... Now I'm excited to try these.

Barbie
barbiesbeautybitsblogger

Unknown said...

They are amazing pigmentation as you see in the swatches they are very easy to work with and easy to apply for $1.99 you cant go wrong as i said in the post I will be getting more :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...