Tuesday 14 April 2015

Nia Natural Skincare Calendula & Orange Blossom Facial Cleansing Balm Review

Hello Beauties I hope you are all well :) 
I am going all Irish on you this time on this post reason for that is for the first time I have finally got a chance to try a product from a brand called Nia which of course is based in Ireland :)  I love trying out lots of different brands as you know but most of all brands in Ireland.  
Nia's products are hand-made in Limerick, Ireland. Nia uses Irish ingredients in all our products, importing only Amazonian butters, essential oils and supplies not available on the beautiful Emerald Isle.
They  specialize in beauty balms that are formulated with the feel of a luxurious cream, but without the addition of water, which would require the need for added emulsifiers preservatives or additional stabilizers. This results in a sweet-smelling, multi-tasking beauty balm that is 100% natural.
 Nia produces high-end, luxury products made of pure and natural ingredients.
My skin lately has been playing up not with acne but one day it can be perfect and another day it can feel very dry and very tight especially after cleansing :) 
I have also noticed my skin is sensitive the past few months and I mean sensitive by feeling a sting on my face if I use an exfoliater on my face or if I use face wipes (yes I know I shouldnt but we all do it at some stage for quick and easy way :)  
So when I seen Nia brought out a new cleansing balm I just had to try it out :) 


The Calendula & Orange Blossom Facial Cleansing Balm comes in a lovely little box with different descriptions written all over it :)  I actually really like the box and make sure not to throw it out as you will need it for storage :) :) 
Inside the box you will get :) 
3 100% natural bio-degradable recyclable cleansing clothes 
a wooden spatula 
& of course the cleansing balm itself in a tin container :) 
You get 100mls of product for only €19.95 

This product is also free from:  Parabens, Steroids, Fragrance, Water, Additives, Silicones, Parabens, Mineral Oil, Beeswax, Petroleum, Emulsifiers, Synthetic Fragrance.

Nia States:  Gentle yet effective 2 step wash off facial cleansing balm suitable for daily cleansing and heavy make-up removal on even sensitive skin. Use daily to leave skin clean, soft and radiant.
When I opened and instantly got a whiff of Orange up my nose :)  Its not a strong smell of orange but there is another scent in there I cant quite put my nose to :)  Overall the scent is amazing and so so natural :)  


This tin is full to the very top and you can see there is little specks that looks like orange peel in the balm but its not orange peel its more like lumps of balm like Vaseline :) 
The balm feels so smooth and soft and has a moose like texture It also has a feel of Vaseline even though there is no petroleum in the ingredients :)  
Using the spatula I scraped up a little of the balm just enough to apply on my face and placed it on my hand :)  as I left it on my hand I noticed the balm started to melt, something like ice-cream in a bowl :)  the longer I left it the more it melted into a creamy consistency :)  Which was so easy to then spread on my skin :) 
Take a look :) 

I am in love with this balm honestly no word can describe how different my skin feels after using this balm.  First of all I take the most of my makeup off and then go straight in with dampening my face a little, scooping some of the balm and warming it up with my fingers before applying to my face.  I massage into my face for at least 5 minutes.  The balm feels oily against my skin.  Do not worry the oils that are in this balm are all 100% organic and natural.  Knowing that all of these natural oils are working into my skin make me feel brilliant and while I enjoy the lovely aroma I can also feel my skin softening and feeling more clean.  When its time to take the balm off I rinse the Cloth provided in warm to hot water squeezing it dry and then wipe my face clean.  Instantly seeing what ever dirty and grime was left on my face on the cloth.  I rinse the cloth about 3 times and wipe softly.  Patting dry my face I feel so fresh , clean and my skin feels moisturised.  I do not even feel the need to moisturise straight away after washing :)  I do this routine every day and night :)  My skin feels so much better since using this balm 
I feel less dry, especially under my eyes which is one of the places I noticed was extra dry especially when wearing makeup :(  I feel less tight and more free :)  

I have also tried this balm with a full face of makeup on and found it more effective by not dampening my face first and applying straight to my face.  Massaging in the balm for at least 5 minutes before rinsing off using my cloth.  It works brilliantly apart from removing waterproof mascara.  
Keeping the cloth's is very easy once you do not throw them into the washing machine.  They are too light to be machine washed.  Simply hand wash and dry on the radiator and they are as good as new :) 

I have to say I give this the full thumbs up and will be repurchasing :)  This Cleansing balm is not only great for people who have dry and sensitive skin its also suitable for all skin types :)  
I really hope you enjoyed this review :) 
Until next time and there will be soon a next time as I plan to purchase another product from Nia for my family to test as 3 of us all have different skin conditions so keep your eyes peeled for that one :) :)  

Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 









































I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I love orange scented products, this sounds right up my street! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

Huda...!!! said...

This looks great. Thanks for sharing

Shannon Ritchie said...

Great review! I'm always after new skin care products and am defiantly considering this now! Xx

http://too-primadonna-for-you.blogspot.co.uk/

Paola Cioppi said...

Oooh I am intrigued! This sounds like an awesome balm, and the scents too!
myunsettlinglife.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I haven't tried this brand before but the celendula sounds interesting! xxx

the creation of beauty is art. said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful! It is great that it is working so well from you - and is Irish made, too!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Sophia Meola; ❤ said...

As soon as I saw the formula consisted of orange blossom I was completely intrigued. This products looks and sounds great

Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

x

Esha said...

I would love to try this!

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing your opinions on this, it looks great!

Lovelyladyjb said...

seems like a very interesting product, I love the smell of orange creamsicle haha! :)

beautyqueenuk said...

The balm looks really interesting, great review x

Unknown said...

love orange scented! especially near my face lol

Laura said...

Sounds like fantastic product. Something my skin could use on colder months when its more to the dry side.

Laura
Pink Frenzy

Nicol said...

this sounds lovely! ive been meaning to try a cleansing balm for a while

Anonymous said...

Sounds really interesting, I love the way it looks like it just melts on your skin too!

Frankie x
Crazyblondegal

Unknown said...

I bet it smells amazing, love Orange scents. I like how it melts on your skin.

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

This sounds lovely, I'm a huge fan of balm type cleansers!

Jess xo
http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...